AMA Review- Dante Network × Crypto Infinity, 11/08
In order to let more people learn more about Dante Network and join our community, We held an AMA at 13:00 pm UTC(GMT+7) on 11th Aug in a Vietnam community. The establishment of Dante Network’s overseas community has been gradually expanded. This is a good start. Thanks for Crypto Infinity’s comprehensive assistance and support that we can held this AMA successfully. We collected over 700 questions from both Twitter and Telegram. The discussion among the AMA was very active, Questions covered so many different topics, such as the project progress, community development, technologies and so on.
View questions via: https://twitter.com/Infinity_AMA/status/1424586636692578309
In the future, we will hold more activities like AMA, giveaway and livestream with communities in different regions to attract more users and blockchain tech enthusiasms. We have an open attitude toward any positive suggestion in order to build a friendly, free and powerful community.
We answered 10 most concerned questions and listed below. These may help our users to have a basic understanding about Dante from different aspects. Other more questions are under Crypto Infinity Community Official Twitter, where users could check. We will gradually reply the questions as many as we could to show our sincere towards this AMA. People can check the winner list in our official Twitter account, and all rewards will be distributed within 7 business days ( before 21th Aug ). Please keep following us to catch up with latest news.
5 Best Questions from Twitter
1. Community is a key factor for all projects to be successful. Do you have any plan to attract more users and improve user experience? What is your governance model to give the power to community members?
For your first question, the answer is very certain. YES, community is a key factor in the blockchain projects. We put community development at a very important position all the time, and we will keep doing so all along with our project going.
As we listed in our Whitepaper, Dante takes 1/4 Token from the Economic Model to use as community construction. 1/4 Token will be used as incentives to encourage the users to contribute to Dante Network. There will not be any financial requirements for users to participate, like today’s AMA.
As for the second question, In the early stage, the project team will play the main part to support and develop the community growth due to technological requirements and marketing demands. While as the project developing to a stable stage, we will start the community governance by the form of DAO to achieve the DECENTRALIZATION goal. The community will be the owner of Dante Network who makes decisions through democracy voting to modify any change of Dante. Meanwhile, In order to avoid the monopoly, we will consider voting twice in the DAO system to make sure the activities go on a properly fair way.
2. A question about $DAT token, adoption of token to the ecosystem is one of the good things to increase its usability and spend, so what role does $DAT token play to the ecosystem?
We definitely don’t want DAT to be an eye candy. Here we share our DAT distribution ratio:
DAT is an important part in this ecosystem, here’s several use case of DAT:
1) Privacy Storage Purchase: Users who have a strong demand for data sovereignty can obtain the privacy storage service provided by Dante Network by paying a certain DAT fee.
2) Community Governance: DAT holders can initiate proposals or vote on Dante Network by burning a small amount of DAT.
3) Validation Challenge: When a storage node is suspected of fraud, the validation node can challenge the storage node by staking DAT.
4) Staking: When a storage node provides storage services for Dante Network, it is required to stake a portion of DAT to ensure user data security.
3. For me, TRUST and SECURITY is very important in any business. What makes investors, customers and users feel safe while working on your project? and trust in the progress of the project?
Security is what we value most since the beginning of design and development. Here we demonstrate how Dante Network to guarantee the security of privacy from 2 aspects.
1) Security of Token transmit. First of all, DAT, native Token of Dante Network, is strict inconformity with the requirements of ERC20. Secondly, DAT mine adopts Threshold Multi-signatures to guarantee the security during operating. Moreover, DAT is based on the PlatON privacy-preserving computing network, which owns a complete cryptographic security protection infrastructural base.
2) Security of Data transmit. The data that transmitted in the Dante Network will be protected, secured and verified through Security Multi-party Computing (MPC) and Verifiable Computing (VC). Dante Network could guarantee the security of data release and privacy based on privacy-preserving computing infrastructure, which provides security guarantee from every step in the data transmit lifecircle, like data generation, releasing, transaction and storage.
4. Can you list 1–3 killer features of this project that makes it ahead of its competitors? What is the competitive advantage your project has that you feel most confident about?
First we’d like to say, blockchain is an open source world. Good techs and ideas are fast spread among practitioners and evolution. Dante Network is adhering this open source sprite in project development. We have some really good creations when developing this platform, which we think could become the key parts to promote the blockchain development and achieve practical application landing scenarios.
Well, here comes the points, with all due respect, we don’t want to brag. But Dante Network could be regarded as the first privacy storage program on blockchain. We can ensure the data sovereignty of data owners and protect their information privacy through combining blockchain tech with homomorphic encryption, secure multi-party computation, etc.
We applied the hierarchical structure to combine on-chain and off chain frame, which ensures the system’s expansibility in the future development. Dante Network could literally realize cross-chain application in the future by decoupling consensus layer and storage layer, which is a really exciting step!
5. What kind of partnerships with different projects/ platforms/ protocols can we expect from Dante in the future? Could you give us some examples of how other projects can leverage Dante?
This is a really good question. well at the current stage, we think the first priority is to overcome technique problems. As you all know, cryptography is REALLY DIFFICULT.
Anyway, first of all, we now make some progress to collaborate with famous universities. For example, a few months ago, we made an agreement with Xiamen University, top 30 university in China, to build a Joint Laboratory of Information Security and Data Science. Together, we will work on storage transactions and verification based on Zero-Knowledge Proof, and confidential verification of storage tasks. This lab will also carry on research on off-chain privacy data exchange. Later, Dante group will develop the overall frame and implement all the findings into our network to achieve usability and offer private data storage.
Well, it is a great step for now, Dante Network, as an infrastructure platform that offers privacy storage, will develop our network to solve not only the demand in ToB business and ToC business. Take isolated data island as an example, this problem is always remaining among different governments infrastructure departments. Dante Network could break the barriers of different data types to push the efficient information exchange in order to keep the validity of the information, which will improve a city to evolve to a smart city. Also, it is the same when it comes to the healthcare field. Dante Network could achieve lower healthcare cost by sharing data information that belongs to different medical institutions. We will also try to develop the function that could use AI tech to assist medical diagnosis in the future.
In all, we are negotiating with some local government institutions, cloud based enterprises, healthcare institutions and manufacturing companies to meet with their practical demand and try to find collaboration. It is exciting for us and our users, you can follow our official channels to catch up with the latest news.
5 Random Questions
6. What strategy will you implement to bring non-crypto-natives into your ecosystem? How do you keep a balance between developing the technology and also improving the value of your token?
The key value of cypto is protecting privacy. as we considered, people start to aware the importance of privacy after so many data breaching scandals, like Facebook and Microsoft. we’ll try our best to awaken people’s awareness to protect privacy, like holding livestream, AMA, articles to do our best to push the development of this industry. This is always an important part. We’ll keep fulfill our contents and share our progress to everyone.
7. The crypto industry is a fast-paced industry, how flexible is Dante_Network to change quickly and keep pace with technology trends? What is your long-term vision for the forecasting industry in which the Dante_Network project operates?
This is a good question. Cryptography technology is playing a very important role in the blockchain industry. At the same time, AI, metaverse and other applications are also accelerating with the pace of The Times. In terms of technology, we have established a joint laboratory with well-known Universities in China to explore, research and project the cutting-edge technology in the field of information security and blockchain, keeping up with the pace of The Times. At the same time, we all know that data is the crude oil of ARTIFICIAL intelligence, and Dante is the data habitat that can safely manage the digital crude oil. In addition, the metaverse is very popular currently, as we all knew, the metaverse is a digital world, the transfer of information in the metaverse is the transfer of data, and the storage is the longest link in the whole life cycle of data transfer, so the role of Dante privacy storage, which can provide privacy protection, can be imagined.
8. Who are your potential customers and which markets are you targeting on?
If you agree that the digital economy is the future , then every individual, company and institution, including governments, could become our users. In addition, blockchain has brought about a revolution in the relations of production through decentralization, which is a kind of technological revolution without borders. Therefore, our future market is global.
9. What do you think is the biggest problem Project will solve that no other project is solving now, and why is the problem important to solve?
Date storage has always been one of the foundations in the digital era, and as you know, distributed storage is a hot area right now, with projects like Filecoin and many others trying to address the problem of data storage.
However, we found that few projects focused on the privacy protection in the storage process. In fact, this is a very important thing, and this is the original intention of our project, which is to solve the privacy protection problem in the storage process.
As we all knew，data is an important production factor, and a valuable asset in the digital economy time nowadays , and a lot of technology development and the mature application depend on large and comprehensive data, such as AI, industry, finance and other Internet, if we can’t solve the problem of data privacy protection, data owner is not willing to take out the truly valuable data for sharing, It’s going to constrain all of these areas mentioned above, so data privacy is a very important thing, although it’s hard, but we think it has to be tackled.
10. What is your biggest challenge during the time that you build Dante_Network? And what do you feel when you and your team overcome this?
The biggest challenge is, of course, the technical challenge. Private storage needs to face open storage transactions in an open environment, this needs to create a complete cryptographic technology system, providing privacy protection for data and users, and realizing data rights confirmation. it will involve secure multi-party computing related to data fragmentation encryption and verifiable computing for data storage verification, which are very challenging tech issues.
At present, some technological breakthroughs have been achieved in these areas, so at present, while we are enjoying the joy of technological breakthroughs, we are also continuing to tackle more in-depth technological problems, which can be said to be very substantial, joyful and stressful.
Let’s have a review of all these highlight moments
AMA begin & Part 1:
Free question Part & Winner list
About Dante Network
What is Dante Network
Dante Network is a Layer2 privacy storage network based on PlatON ecosystem, which is designed to solve the data storage privacy issue, providing a solution for data storage, and protecting data privacy in the key part of data processing with the private AI computing network of PlatON.
Mission of Dante Network
The mission of Dante Network is to become the security station for the free circulation of digital assets. Dante Network aims to be part of the PlatON ecosystem, working with PlatON and other parties in the ecosystem to secure the privacy of all participants in the ecosystem in the key areas such as data circulation, storage, calculating, and ensuring the data owners keep the data sovereignty and protect their information privacy to gain their due rights and interests in the process of the increasing value of their data circulation.